Recommended Wheel Maintenance
Spinergy recommends having your wheels trued and maintained by an authorized Spinergy dealer or reputable bicycle dealer. Due to the flexibility of PBO spokes, they may feel under tensioned when compared to a rigid steel spoke. If you tension PBO spokes to the point where they may feel like steel spokes, you will have over-tightened the spoke and risk damaging the rim. Increasing spoke tension beyond factory values will not improve performance or durability of the wheel. Spinergy’s Limited Warranty does NOT cover improper maintenance.
- Spinergy PBO wheels utilize nipples, which are recessed inside the rim.
- To access the nipples, remove the tire, tube, and rim strip.
- Use the spline wrench to hold the spoke stationary, and the “¼” nut driver” to turn the nipple inside the rim. Failure to hold the spoke stationary while turning the nipple will cause wind up of the spoke. The twisting of the individual spoke may render your wheels round and true while static, but this will allow the wheel to lose true as soon as load is applied, and may PERMANANTLY DAMAGE your wheels.
We recommend that you use a Park Tm-1 tension gauge to adjust spoke tension only if tension is below these values:
TIP: Always use blue 248 loctite (or equivalent strength) thread locker on spoke threads when replacing a spoke.
|SPINERGY||ROUND FRONT RADIAL||ROUND DRIVE SIDE||ROUND NON-DRIVE RADIAL||BLADED FRONT RADIAL||BLADED DRIVE SIDE||BLADED NON-DRIVE RADIAL|
Cartridge style bearings are press fit, and should ONLY be replaced
- by an authorized Spinergy dealer, or reputable bicycle shop.
- Submerging bearings or spraying them with high-pressure water will cause bearings to wear prematurely, resulting in costly repairs.
REMEMBER – Like any part on your bicycle, your Spinergy wheels require, periodic inspection for signs of failure, and routine maintenance. If you are not capable of performing these inspections or maintenance, please visit your Authorized Spinergy Dealer or a reputable bicycle shop in your area.